- Child Poverty
- Our Work
- Our Partners
- Contact us
Free Tax Service Initiative
Our Free Tax Service Initiative is designed to help hardworking families who earn $58,000 or less annually with free tax preparation and financial literacy. This program is operated by certified volunteers and allows our neighbors the opportunity to file and direct deposit their tax refund for free and ensure proper tax credits are utilized. We provide two different ways to have your taxes prepared for free - either at our Free Tax Service Initiative sites or online through MyFreeTaxes.com.
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites are where an IRS-certified volunteer will help prepare your taxes and see what credits you may qualify for. CARE Community Center provides this service.
CARE Community Center
2510 N. 17th St., Suite 203, Rogers
Open January 26 - April 15
Monday - Thursday, 5:30 - 8:30 pm
Center for Non-Profits NWA
1200 W. Walnut St., Rogers
Open January 28 - April 15
Wednesday - Saturday, 9 am - 4 pm
1402 N. Inglewood St., Siloam Springs
Open February 2 - April 15
Monday, 10 am - 2 pm
Fayetteville Boys & Girls Club
560 N. Rupple Rd., Fayetteville
Open February 3 - April 15
Tuesday & Thursday, 9 am - 3 pm
308 Ridgeway St., Huntsville
Open February 4 - April 15
Wednesday, 10 am - 2 pm
United Way of Northwest Arkansas and My Free Taxes are making it even easier to file your taxes when it's convenient for you! You can log on 24/7 to myfreetaxes.com and file your taxes for FREE! If you run into any problems, or have any questions, you can dial 1-855-698-9435 for assistance. Using this site, you will be able to:
• Use free tax preparation and e-filing of your federal and state return.
• Get assistance; if you have questions, you can call a certified tax coach using the toll free number or email address provided.
• If unable to contact the certified tax coach immediately, you can leave a message and your call will be returned within 24 hours.
• Obtain knowledge and understanding about filing your return.
• Build confidence to file without assistance in the future.
If you would like additional information on this effort please go here for more detailed information. If you are familiar and know your IRS PIN number, you can go directly to the link to file your taxes FREE: www.myfreetaxes.com
Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
Earned Income Tax Credit is one of the nation's largest anti-poverty programs, annually lifting 6.6 million people out of poverty; half are children. Last year, over 27 million workers received nearly $62 billion in EITC. The average credit was over $2,200, but can be as much as $5,891 this year depending on the worker's income, marital status and whether they have children.
Are you Eligible for Earned Income Tax Credit?
• Must work and have earned income.
• Generally must be a U.S. citizen or ‘resident alien’ all year
• Must have a valid Social Security number
• Investment income limited to $3,150
• Cannot use “married filing separately”
• Cannot be a qualifying child of another person
• Cannot file Form 2555 or 2555-EZ
Household Income Limits:
EITC eligibility, the maximum earned income must be less than $51,567. See below:
• $46,997 ($52,427 if married filing jointly) with three or more qualifying children
• $43,756 ($49,186 if married filing jointly) with two qualifying children
• $38,511 ($43,941 if married filing jointly) with one qualifying child
• $14,590 ($20,020 if married filing jointly) with no qualifying children
Fore more information from the IRS on EITC, click here.