- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Our Partners
- Join Us
- Contact us
Fill the Bus
Fill the Bus 2015: July 24th & 25th
United Way of Northwest Arkansas and Walmart have partnered to "Fill the Bus" in Northwest Arkansas! Fill the Bus is an initiative that helps to create a pathway out of poverty for children in Northwest Arkansas. This program supports children in our community by helping them start school with confidence and gives them the literal tools they need to succeed. United Way staff and volunteers will be filling the bus with school supplies at all the Walmart Supercenters in Benton, Madison, and Washington counties in Arkansas and McDonald County in Missouri. Join us by volunteering at one of the locations or by donating school supplies.
Become a Volunteer
Help United Way and Walmart collect enough school supplies to fill all of our school buses! Every district in Northwest Arkansas needs your help. For more information, visit volunteernwa.org or contact Kelsey Brock at 479-303-4426 or email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can my child get school supplies?
If your child(ren) are in need of school supplies please call our helpline, 2-1-1, to find out more information.
2. Where do the supplies go?
Directly to school districts – distributed by school counselors, nurses, and other personnel. Company supply drives are being directed to help rural school districts who have high free/reduced meals percentages.
3. Can I make a donation to go directly towards purchasing school supplies?
YES! You can click the donate now button on this page, or you can donate cash or gift cards at bus locations during the event.
4. How do I sign up to volunteer?
Head on over to our volunteer website to sign up!
5. I can't participate during the actual event but I would like to host a school supply drive. How should I do that?
Email Kelsey to request our Fill the Bus toolkit to host a school supply drive at your office.
6. What stores are participating this year?
• 406 S. Walton Blvd, Bentonville
• 3919 N. Mall Avenue, Fayetteville
• 2875 W. Martin Luther King Blvd, Fayetteville
• 121 Lee Street, Huntsville
• 4208 Pleasant Crossing Blvd, Rogers
• 2110 W. Walnut Street, Rogers
• 2901 Highway 412, Siloam Springs
• 4870 Elm Springs Road, Springdale
• 2004 S. Pleasant Street, Springdale
• 100 Commercial Lane, Pineville, Missouri
7. What supplies are most needed?
Older kid supplies! Most people think about crayons and glue for little kids but do not purchase supplies for older students. Backpacks, loose leaf paper, folders with brads, 3 ring binders, highlighters, scissors, etc. Lists of needed items will be provided at the Walmart locations during the event.
8. I'm REALLY passionate about helping kids start school with everything they need. How can I go above and beyond to help out?
Become a bus champion or get your office involved in a school supply drive that will be connected with a rural school district to provide supplies for underserved children in NWA. Contact Kelsey Brock for more information.