Get to know the staff at United Way of NWA! This “Get to Know Us” blog is about Jeannette Cox, our Director of Finance and Administration.
1.What is the best thing about working at United Way?
The staff! They are absolutely the best! After two short weeks working here I feel a part of the family.
2. Why do you like working for a non-profit?
I love that I can give back to the community by service in some way, even if it’s through my job.
3. What does your job entail and how long have you been doing it?
I have been an accountant for over 35 years. I process payroll, deposit money and bay bills. I also produce monthly year end reports after balancing all the accounts. That’s the simplest answer!
4. If you were not working at United Way, what would your dream job be?
5. What is one thing you think people don’t know about United Way?
I did not realize what a great resource we are for the community!
6. What do you do in your spare time?
I love to read, go to sporting events (especially the Razorbacks!), hike, spend time with my family, and bake!
7. What is your favorite book?
I do not have a favorite book, but I enjoy mysteries and thrillers.
8. What is your favorite movie?
My family is a bit “nerdy” so Indiana Jones, Star Wars, and anything Christmas.
9. What type of music do you like?
I love my country music!
10. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
I hope I live long enough to travel to other planets (highly doubtful, though)! I have always been intrigued by outer space and the mysteries of the unknown. I find it fascinating!
11. What’s the strangest talent you have?
Oh no, I have no talent, strange or otherwise!